Gate510 Companies Give Helping Hand to Child Survivors of Sexual Abuse
Every year, San Leandro staff get together during December to raise funds for a local non-profit providing much needed health and human services for our special-needs community members.
This year San Leandro’s CALICO was selected. Founded in 1997, CALICO achieves justice and healing for over 600 toddlers, children, adolescents, and adults with developmental disabilities each year. Children and adults come to CALICO as a result of sexual abuse and exploitation, physical harm, neglect, drug endangerment, or severe violence they have witnessed in their home or community. For these individuals, CALICO is often their first opportunity to tell in full what happened and their first step to recovery. CALICO is the only child advocacy center in Alameda County and conducts dozens of trainings throughout the year for hundreds of police officers, child welfare workers, therapists, attorneys, teachers, and other professionals focused on the health and welfare of children.
To help us reach our $1,200 goal, companies at Gate510 raised a proverbial glass of cheer through generous donations totaling over $900 in value! We very much appreciate the goodwill generated by these companies — companies that you should know about, in alphabetical order:
- All Ways Sewing (no website): Located at Gate510 for many years, this company sews garments for companies like The North Face and in 2014, sewed uniforms for the 2014 Winter Olympics!
- Dr. Hops Kombucha Beer: Naturally gluten-free, probiotic drink with 5-10% alcohol
- Drake’s Brewing Company: A decades-long San Leandro favorite!
- Pinx Catering: Whether planning an intimate dinner for 6 or a corporate event, Pinx provides a full range of private event planning and catering services for events throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Proyecto Diaz Coffee: A coffee roasting company rooted in San Leandro, focused on rebuilding one coffee farm at a time starting with the Diaz Family Farm in Oaxaca, Mexico.
- Scanlon Kemper Bard: The owners of Gate510 donated one of their Gate510-branded scooters!
- Sculpteo: Your online 3D printing service located in San Leandro. Load your file and print!
- Shannon Leigh Associates: Shannon Leigh is a certified woman-owned, environmental graphic design firm based in San Leandro, California. But wait – there’s more! Shannon Leigh Associates has purchased a building on Hays Street that is being developed into a curated, design-focused co-working space. Stay tuned to San Leandro Next for its opening sometime in 2018.
- [un]possible cuts: The company’s laser cut jewelry designs are their own, inspired by iconic imagery and featuring designs from up-and-coming artists. The mission of [un]possible cuts? “We Make Fun!”
The result of the auction? Combined with other auction items, over $1,200 was raised to support CALICO’S programs! A big thanks to these Gate510 companies, whose donations enabled us to reach this ambitious goal.