Kellogg’s Packaging Plant: A Look Back
San Leandro’s proud history of manufacturing includes the impressive former Kellogg’s Packing Plant at 2010-2020 Williams Street. Opened the year Tony the Tiger was introduced in 1952, the San Leandro cereal plant marked the continued investment and growth of the company after its founder W.K. Kellogg passed in 1951. Kellogg’s employed over 300 people at this facility which, at its peak, produced over 100,000 pounds of cereal per year.
Situated on the Lit San Leandro fiber loop and near the Kaiser Medical Center, this intriguing site is generating strong interest for re-positioning and investment. In the meantime, the images below offer a look back at the site’s history.