Made at The Gate: Maker’s Market This Saturday and Sunday, 10-6
Artists and Makers located at The Gate will open a pop up, ground floor retail shop just for the holidays this Saturday and Sunday at 1933 Davis Street, Suite 115. As always when Gate businesses are involved, this is not just about shopping — it’s about having The Gate experience!
Some of the companies expected to join in the pop up fun this weekend include:
Rumple.Co/Mind2Matter: 3d printing demonstrations, 3d printed ornaments while you shop, jewelry and more
Destination Dinners: A kit that brings the world to your dinner table! It is a short cut to making authentic foods from exotic destinations around the world – and a gift that people will never forget.
LaserGnomes: Nerf blasters will never be the same after you’ve seen what innovative technologies can do to improve their range, precision — and impact. There will be a testing range and great deals on blasters and blaster mods — try before you buy!
The GENEROSITY OF GATE ARTISTS AND MAKERS BENEFITS DAVIS FAMILY RESOURCE CENTER
Under the guidance of Cheryl Edison, Community Curator at The Gate, a number of businesses crafted a very generous and special gift basket that was auctioned at City staff holiday gathering yesterday evening, with all proceeds going toward the Davis Street Family Resource Center. I wanted to give a special shout out and recognition to the generosity of all of the donating businesses: value of the donated services totaled over $3,500 and raised $975 for Davis Street!
Looking to indulge yourself or for thoughtful, original gifts throughout the year? You’ll be happy you checked out the web sites of these Gate/San Leandro artists and makers!
- Anne Edwards Gallery: Original artwork inspired by the artist’s personal journey. Available for sale or lease.
- Destination Dinners: see description above
- Edison International Consulting Services: Cheryl Edison is a senior global brand strategist with an international reputation for successfully launching companies, products, and services into new markets.
- Gluten Free, Mother of 3!: Made with only the finest, natural ingredients, including whole grain brown rice flour, free-range eggs and high-quality vanilla extract, Gluten-Free, Mother of Three treats are sure to put a smile back on your kids’ faces…and on yours.
- John Baden Custom Art: One of John’s most sought-after skills is as a colorist – he can help you choose the perfect palette to create the mood you are seeking in your home or business.
- Mind 2 Matter: Turning thoughts into things through innovative technologies, including 3D printing and laser cutting
- Ooh Soap La La!: Organic and natural bath and body products
- OT Sunwear: Custom wood and bamboo eyeglasses
- Transpak: Custom and stock packaging, crating, logistics
- Verbena: Verbena beverages are seasonal infusions made with fresh local produce and quality botanicals, then steeped in premium brandy and balanced with moscato wine and agave nectar.