Celebrate Mother’s Day with a Sweet Treat
May 11th, 2017
This Sunday is Mother’s Day and what better way to celebrate than with a sweet treat from one of San Leandro’s many bakeries? Our city is fortunate to be home to a number of merchants of baked goods, so go ahead, indulge, and celebrate the moms in your life with locally made delicacies. Below is a list of select bakeries throughout the city. See if there is one near you:
- Bakery Street – 1465 Factor Avenue. Since 1982, this bakery has created delicious cookies, cakes, and treats in the Bay Area. Visit their factory outlet store for freshly made treats, as well as custom-decorated cakes.
- Bit of Ireland – 1268 Davis Street. This San Leandro staple has been baking classic pastries, breads, cookies, breads, and Irish specialties for the local community for over 25 years.
- Chinese Bakery & Deli – 981 Manor Avenue. This “old school” bakeshop serves traditional Chinese desserts and treats in a humble setting.
- East 14th Bakery & Cafe – 1780 E. 14th Street. This small Hong Kong-style bakery and cafe offers a wide variety of light and fresh desserts, such as the Mango Box Puff Pastry, as well as a juice bar and bubble teas. Visit them after dinner, they are open late!
- Guadalajara Bakery & Ice Cream Shop – 14341 E. 14th Street. This long-time neighborhood bakery serves up a plethora of traditional Mexican pastries and ice cream.
- Las Pacitas El Salvadorean Bakery – 14760 E. 14th Street. A bakery offering traditional Salvadorian pastries, as well as savory pupusas filled with meats and cheese, and homemade tamales.
- Mariel’s Creations – 14718 Bethany Street. This home-based bakery specializes in custom cakes and other creations for your special occasions!
- Sweet Dee Cupcakes & Snow Ice – 109 Pelton Center Way. Operating in downtown San Leandro since 2010, Sweet Dee bakes fresh cupcakes daily and offers shaved snow ice and a variety of candy.
- Nothing Bundt Cakes – 699 Lewelling Boulevard, #210. Choose from ten luscious bundt flavors and forty unique cake designs while you browse a treasure trove of unique gifts, charming cards and inspired decorator items.
Shopping locally is a great way to ensure a thriving local economy, and a baked treat is always appreciated, especially on Mother’s Day!
It’s the best time to make a few plans for the longer term and it is time to be happy.
I’ve learn this post and if I may just I want to suggest you some fascinating issues or advice.
Perhaps you can write subsequent articles referring to this article.
I wish to read even more things about it!