New Next Bus App Provides Real-Time Wait Times for LINKS Shuttle Service
Did you know that San Leandro LINKS offers a free shuttle connection between the Downtown San Leandro BART station and much of San Leandro’s industrial area? This convenient service has now been made even better with the introduction of the Next Bus app, which allows riders to find their bus and see how soon it will arrive! Visit the site to download the app. (LINKS is listed as San Leandro Links).
- Find real-time arrival predictions for nearby stops instantly
- Find stops and vehicles on a map
- Get walking directions
- Save favorites and set alerts for your favorite stops and times
In 2016, additional enhancements were launched in order to make the LINKS service faster and more convenient. LINKS runs on two distinct loops through the north and south sections of San Leandro. The new services were designed to meet the following goals:
- More frequent service with shorter wait times
- Reduced time required for a round-trip ride
- Connections to businesses that previously could not access LINKS, especially those on Marina Boulevard
LINKS is a key component of our efforts to revitalize of San Leandro’s industrial areas. Employees at innovative companies demand a range of transportation options and LINKS offers an easy, free connection between employment locations and BART. With Next Bus, the LINKS shuttle is now easier to use than ever!
For more information on LINKS, including route maps, service hours, and stop locations, please visit the San Leandro LINKS website.