Small Business Week 2023: Laying the Groundwork for Growth
Next week, May 1 through May 5, 2023 San Leandro is joining communities across the nation to celebrate Small Business Week. During this week, we celebrate and support our small businesses and encourage them to take advantage of a number of free trainings and webinars for businesses to participate in to help them grow and improve.
With 28 million small employers nationwide, small businesses constitute two out of three jobs in America. In San Leandro there are more than 2,700 businesses employing 25 or fewer people, and many of these are minority- and women-owned.
The San Leandro Chamber of Commerce has partnered with the City of San Leandro to host a number of free and public workshops (all businesses can participate whether or not they are members of the Chamber). Follow the links to learn more and to register:
- May 1, 2023, 10AM – Game On: Unmask Your Sales and Marketing Strategies! In this event, Craig Cooper will share invaluable tips and skills that helped him and his team at Pinx Catering achieve their best year yet.
- May 2, 2023, 12:30PM – Scale Up Your Assets: Quickbooks 2-Hour Seminar. Discover how to maximize your small business financial management by attending this QuickBooks online seminar led by expert Diana Cohn, covering the essential aspects of the QuickBooks platform. Don’t forget your laptop!
- May 3, 2023, 11AM – Building Your Legacy: Financing For Your Business. Building a legacy takes time and effort, and financing is a crucial part of the equation. Arena Commercial Capital can help you access money for your business to fund the growth and development needed to achieve long-term success.
- May 4, 2023, 10AM – Safeguard What’s Yours: Crime Prevention & Safety. Join Matthew A. Mayo, CEO of Critical Intervention Corps, for a workshop on crime prevention strategies and techniques to keep your business safe and secure.
- May 5, 2023, 9AM – First Friday: Open For Business. Join the Chamber for this monthly event designed to help you build cross-industry connections, meet local professionals, and expand your network. Whether you are a current member or a prospective one, the Chamber welcomes you to join them and help close out the 2023 Small business Week on a high note!
The Northern California chapter of the Small Business Development Center is also offering a selection of free local seminars, a full schedule of which can be found here.
Leave a Reply