2020 National Small Business Week Goes Virtual: September 21-25
After a move from May, we will be celebrating this year’s National Small Business Week September 21 – 25, 2020. Small businesses are encouraged to tune into the wide variety of resources available to them during this week, including from the Northern California Small Business Development Center and U.S. Small Business Administration.
For more than 50 years, the U.S. Small Business Administration has celebrated National Small Business Week (NSBW), which recognizes the critical contributions of America’s entrepreneurs and small business owners. This year is one unlike the half-century that has come before.
We are facing unique challenges together. However, American small businesses continue to play a central role in building a strong country, prepared for any obstacles in the future.
This year, San Leandro businesses have access to many different free webinars being offered by the Northern California Small Business Development Center network. These webinars can help businesses navigating these difficult times. They touch on timely topics including how to increase online sales, changing HR guidelines, cybersecurity, and Quickbooks training. Series are also offered in Spanish.
To participate, businesses can click on the links below to sign up for an Small Business Development Center Account and register. And, as always, businesses are encouraged to reach out to the Alameda County Small Business Development Center for free one-on-one counseling for their business, offered by advisors specialized by business type and language. Don’t go it alone!
Monday September 21, 2020
- Access to Capital in New Normal – 10:00am to 12:00pm
- Building Shared Entrepreneurship: Working Together in the Real World – 3:00pm to 4:00pm
- Alameda County HR Guidelines – 3:00pm to 5:00pm
- Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace – 10:00am to 11:30am
- How to Increase Customer Engagement – 3:00pm to 5:00pm
- COVID-19 Branding & Building Trust for Online Business – 3:00pm to 5:00pm
- Ask Us Anything – Part 3 – 3:00pm to 4:30pm
- Construyendo Mi Negocio (Building My Business) – 6:30pm to 9:30pm
- Facebook: How to Drive Demand in This New Business Era – 10:00am to 11:30am
Wednesday, September 23, 2020
- Cybersecurity (CMMC) Update Q&A | PTAC Virtual Coffee & Connect Series – 10:00am to 11:00am
- Digital Marketing Hour: 25 Low to No Cost Digital Marketing Tools and Resources – 11:00am to 12:00pm
- NxLevel 2020 – OrientationABCs of Wix: Start Selling Your Products Online – 12:00pm to 1:00pm
- Break-Even – 1:00pm to 2:30pm
- Business Planning During a Crisis – How to Pivot to the New Realities of the Marketplace – 1:30pm to 2:30pm
- Webinar | DIY Online – Improving your Website: Assessing How Your Website is Working (or… – 2:00pm to 3:00pm
- WEBINAR Reimagining How You Sell Online – 9:00am to 11:00am
- Foundations of Finance: Improve Your Bottom Line with Solid Financial Reports – 9:00am to 10:00am
- How To Take Control Of Your Credit During A Pandemic – 10:00am to 11:30am
- COVID Funding Support + Planning Webinar – 10:00am to 11:00am
- Successful StartUP Part 2: Business Planning – 3:00pm to 5:00pm
- Quickbooks Training (Part 2 of 3) – 5:00pm to 7:00pm
- Webinar | QuickBooks Desktop Beginners Series – 5:30pm to Saturday, September 26, 2020 – 3:00pm
- NxLevel Orientation – Sept 24 – 6:00pm to 8:00pm
- Webinar | Contabilidad de un Pequeno Negocio – 6:00pm to 7:30pm
Tuesday, September 22 | 1:00 p.m. EDT – 4:00 p.m. EDT
Opening ceremony and presentation of the National Small Business Award Winners, including the National Small Business Person of the Year.
Wednesday, September 23 & Thursday, September 24 | 9:00 a.m. EDT – 4:00 p.m. EDT
Educational presentations and panel discussions that help both new and existing businesses to recover, adapt, and innovate in this challenging time.