Mayor Cassidy to Present State of the City Address on March 24th
The annual State of the City address with Mayor Stephen Cassidy is set to take place on Monday, March 24th. The community is invited to attend this free event, which will take place at the San Leandro Senior Community Center, located at 13909 East 14th Street. The event will begin with a social gathering at 6:00 p.m., with the Mayor’s address starting promptly at 7:00 p.m.
Mayor Cassidy will provide an update on the acceleration of San Leandro’s innovation climate as well as other exciting local developments, including:
- Initiatives to improve San Leandro’s quality of life, including the return of the Cherry Festival on May 31st, and efforts to enhance local artistic and cultural amenities.
- Transforming San Leandro’s industrial area into a center for innovation.
- The City’s ongoing efforts to attract and retain new business investment.
- Major new projects that will be coming on line in 2014, including:
- The expansion of the Lit San Leandro fiber optic network,
- The development of a local craft brewery cluster,
- The new downtown technology campus, and
- Many others