New San Leandro — The Video Debut!
The City of San Leandro proudly presents New San Leandro – the video. This video is the second in a series of videos designed to showcase San Leandro as a city that is transforming itself into an innovation and technology economy.
In the City of San Leandro – We Make Things! We’ve always made things — and this City’s industrial companies have always operated as advanced manufacturers. Today both established and startup businesses are using the new tools of technology, including fiber optics, lasers, robotics and other techniques. The companies are creating well-paid jobs that offer professional paths for the millenial generation in San Leandro and throughout the region.
The New San Leandro video reveals a thriving, collaborative ecosystem of innovation and technology through a series of interviews between two young San Leandro entrepreneurs (Sebastian Cabrera and Derick Lee) and seven San Leandro businesses. These businesses draw the connections between new and established advanced manufacturing businesses located in San Leandro. These businesses, and the individuals interviewed, include:
- Michael Howland, Founder: Omnom Project
- Ben Simon-Thomas, Marketing/Investor Relations: Soundfit
- Jeff Musgrove, President: Applied Fusion
- Louis Rigaud, Founder/General Manager: Halus Power Systems
- Byron Benton, Director: Zero Net Energy Center / Electrical Apprenticeship Program
- Jennifer Liebermann, Executive Director: Kaiser Permanente, Sidney R. Garfield Innovation Center
- Tracy McSheery, Founder/CEO: PhaseSpace
We are indebted to all who participated in the filming of this video. Watch, learn and enjoy — the New San Leandro!
We invite you to become part of the beginning.